Pioneer Potato Candy
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup warm , unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar (may vary according to water content of potatoes
- 1/2 pound dipping chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup ground salted peanuts
- Combine potatoes , salt and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Sift powdered sugar over potatoes, stirring and adding 1/2 cup sugar at a time. Mixture will liquefy when first sugar is added, then gradually begin to thicken. When it reaches the consistency of dough, knead, even if all sugar was not used.
- Agter kneading, cover with damp cloth. Chill until a small spoonful can be rolled into a ball.
- Shape in 1-1/4 inch balls. Dip balls in chocolate that been melted in a double boiler (being sure to leave chocolate over hot water so it won't solidify)
- Then roll in the peanuts.