Triple Treat Candy
This ia a recipe that my late Sister-in-Law Peggy Stapleton gave me years ago and she was a great cook!
List of Ingredients
- 1 (12oz.) package Milk Chocolate Chips=(2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 1 (14oz.) package of Kraft (or other brand) Carmels
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Walnut pieces
- Melt Chocolate chips and Shortening in a double broiler,having water Hot, but not boiling. Stir until chocolate is smooth.( can use a pan with water and a smaller pan with the chocolate and shorting to melt mixture).
- Pour 1/2 of mixture into a foil lined 8" square pan,spread evenly. Regrigerate for 15 minutes until firm. Return remaining chocolate to low heat.
- Melt Carmel, butter and water over low heat,stirring till smooth:Add nuts.
- Remove set chocolate from refrigerate and pour this mixture over it and spread evenly. Chill (until tacky) about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining chocolate and spread evenly. Chill 1 hour
- Cut into 1"x2" pieces.