List of Ingredients
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup quartered candied cherries (optinal}
- Combine the sugar, sour cream, milk, butter, corn syrup and salt in a heavy 2 qt. saucepan. Stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches a boil.
- Boil 10 minutes to 238 degrees(soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and set until luke warm (110 degrees) about one hour.
- Add vanilla and beat until the mixture just begins to lose its gloss and hold its shape. (Requires very little beating).
- Quickly stir in the nuts and cherries and turn into a buttered pan. Let stand until firm before cutting.