Preheat oven 325 degrees
Makes 4 doz.
Baking time; 20 minutes
This is one of my favorite cookies at Christmas.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup Margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light Corn syrup
- 2 eggs--separated
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Candied cherry halves
- Mix margarine and sugar, Stir in syrup, 2 egg YOLKS and flour. Chill.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Slightly beat egg whites. Dip the ball into egg whites, then in the nuts.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Press candied cherry halves into centers.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 20 minutes. Makes 4 doz.