- Sift flour, salt and baking powder, set aside. In mixer bowl, add soft butter and granulated sugar, mix well.
- Melt chocolate ( can melt in microwave 1 or 2 minutes)
- Add eggs to batter one at a time, mixing gently. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Add flour. Stir in walnuts with a spoon.
- Put on cookie sheet with a scoop or by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart.
- Bake 325 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with comfectioners sugar.
The double layer with air in between cookie sheets always works best to keep cookie from browning to much.