List of Ingredients
- First layer
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Second layer
- 1 (8oz.) cream cheese (can use fat-free or 1/3 less cream cheese)
- 1 cup fowdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip or any brand of whipped topping.
- Third layer
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberry Jello
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (sliced)
- Mix butter , flour and nuts together; press in a 13x9" pan and bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely.
- Beat cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar together; spread on baked crust after well cooled.
- Mix sugar and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and gradually add to sugar and water mixture, stirring constantly. After thickened, remove from heat and stir dry jello, salt and lemon juice into mixture. Cool and add fresh strawberries. ( or add peaches and peach jello)
a purchased package of Strawberry filling works just as well for the 3rd. layer.