Holiday Banana Bread
Preheat oven; 350 degrees
Makes two loaves.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 large (or 4 medium) bananas; mashed
- 1\2/3 cup Maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans, set aside.
- Cream together margarine and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Sift together flour and baking soda; add dry ingreients to the bowl; beat just to combine ingredients. Add bananas; beat to combine.
- Fold cherries and chocolate chips into batter. Divide batter equally in loaf pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until done--when toothpick comes out clean.(If tops are browning too quickly, cover with greased brown paper.
- If using mini-loaves, reduce baking time to about 30 minutes)
- Red and green cherries may be used for extra holiday color. Quantities of chocolate chips and cherries may be adjusted to suit individual tastes.