Crusty Baked Chicken
Preparation time; 20 min.
Baking time; 45-50 min.
oven temp. 400 degrees and 425 degrees
List of Ingredients
- 1 frying chicken 3 lbs cut in pieces ( or use boneless skinned Breast pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk ( I prefer buttermilk because it picks up more coating.)
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning or ground sage
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- Wash chicken. Skin and trim off excess fat. Pat dry. Set aside. (can leave skin on if desired.)
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk
- In another bowl, combine potato flakes, garlic, paprika and poultry seasoning. Blend in cheese.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture
- Then roll them in the potato flake mixture to coat evenly on all sides. (or put into a plastic bag and shake.)
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish or pan, Sprayed with Pam or any brand of spray.
- Sprinlke with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes turning chicken once. After turning, spray with Pam or any other spray.
- Increase heat to 425 degrees and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with a salad, crusty french bread and corn on the cob.
This Chicken is crispy on the outside, but moist on the inside, not like some baked chicken, that seems to dry out while baking.