- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, tomato juice or sauce, salt, black and red pepper, eggs, bread crumbs, onions and mustard.(green bell pepper, if desired). Mix until well blended.
- Add ground beef. Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil. Press in the beef mixture. If using glass loaf pan, do not line with foil.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the topping ingredients, mixing well. Spread topping over the meat loaf.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes checking for doneness.
- Drain off fat. Rest meat loaf 5 minutes before serving. Garnish
If using lean beef that is 93 percent fat-free, there will be hardly any grease to drain off.