Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
This won $25,000 in the Pillsbury Bake Off Classics-1979
These are delicious!
List of Ingredients
- 1 (3oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbls. margarine or butter ,melted
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or two (5oz.) cans boned chicken
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbls. milk
- 1 Tbls. chopped chives or onion
- 1 Tbls. chopped pimiento, if desired
- 1 (8oz.) can Pillsbury refrigerated Quick Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2/3 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and 2 tablespoon margarine until smooth. (reserve 1 tablespoon). Add the next 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to top center of chicken mixture, twist slightly and seal edges.
- Brush tops with reserved 1 tablespoon melted butter; dip in crouton crumbs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 4
Can make your own crust for these squares.