- Wash peppers, Cut off tops at stem ends. remove seeds and membrane. Reserve tops.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, the rice, onion, celery and egg. Blend well.
- Add milk, parsley, tomato sauce, salt and peppers. Mix to blend well.
- Place green peppers in an ovenproof dish, large enough to hold peppers upright.
- Fill green peppers with meat mixture, mounding a little on top of each. filling will shrink while baking. Replace tops back on peppers.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until filling is set and cooked through and peppers are tender.
- Serve Immediately.
Red peppers can be used the same way. Bread crumbs can be substituted for the cooked rice. Leftover Chicken, finely chopped can be used in place of ground beef.