Low-Fat Macaroni and Cheese
A different baked macaroni and cheese, but very tasty.
List of Ingredients
- 3 cups uncooked Macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cups skim Milk
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Hot Pepper sauce
- 3 cups fat-free shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes; drained or 1 cup dices fresh tomatoes peeled.
- 1/4 cup water
- Bread crumbs (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Put packet of Butter Buds, 1/4 cup water, peppers and onion in a large skillet, heat 3 minutes.
- Mix flour, milk, dry mustard and pepper sauce. Add this to skillet and Thicken. Add Cheese and cook 2 more minutes. Add Tomatoes and cooked macaroni.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch dish. Sprinkle some cheese or bread crumbs over top. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees , uncovered.