Macaroni Shells with fresh Tomatoes
Preparation time; 15 min.
List of Ingredients
- 3 cups shell Macaroni
- 6 ripe tomatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet white onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (if you like garlic)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes. (can scald tomatoes and peel, if desired) Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, oil, salt, garlic and pepper in large bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
- Cook shell macaroni in 4 qts. boiling salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Add macaroni to tomatoes. Toss to blend. Serve at once.