Rosalie's Chicken and Pasta Soup
List of Ingredients
- 1 (12oz.) box Pasta, shell macaroni or any kind of small pasta.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinned, cut into small chunks
- 6 cups chicken broth, (I use canned low-fat)
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. thyme
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT PASTA and PARSLEY in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes (stir occasionally to avoid scorching). Bring soup back to a boil and add the PASTA.
- Stir occasionally. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is done to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and serve. Enjoy!