Coating for Chicken, Pork Chops or Fish
List of Ingredients
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 tsp. ground oregano
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (more if you like garlic)
- 1/2 cup solid shortenting
- Mix dry ingredients well together. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes about 5 cups. Use about 2/3 cups per chicken.
- TO USE: Dip chicken pieces into Milk (Buttermilk is better) then into the mix. Arrange in single layer in ungreased shollow baking dish, that has been sprayed with vegetable pan spray,(can spray chicken with spray after arranging on baking sheet too.) Bake in preheated oven 400 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and brown. Use same method for coating pork chops or fish and bake until done.
- TIP: When using for chicken or pork chops, add 1/4 tsp. ground sage.