Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15oz.) great northern beans or pinto beans or navy beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (bottled kind)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard or regular mustard.
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced. (OPTIONAL)
- Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips.
- Saute bacon, onion and green bell pepper for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beans. Combine beans, onion mixture and remaining ingredients in a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake COVERED at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- UNCOVER. Bake 30 minutes longer.