Twice Baked Potatoes
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk ---hot
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- dash pepper
- dash nutmeg
- dash paprika
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Arrange washed potatoes on a microsafe dish. Pierce with a fork in a few places.
- Microwave, uncovered for about 10 minutes on HIGH power.
- Turn potatoes over after 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes on counter, cover with a bowl and let stand for at least 7 minutes (potatoes will continue to cook) or wrap in aluminum foil.
- Combine butter and green onion in a microsafe dish. Microwave covered on HIGH power for at least 1-1/2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Place bacon on paper towel on a microsafe dish. Microwave covered with paper towel on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes or until almost crisp. Let stand for a minute. Crumble. (or fry in a skillet and drain on a paper towel).
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp.
- Mash potatoes with butter and green onion mixture, milk and seasonings until light and fluffy. Add bacon.
- spoon potato mixture into shells. Arrange on microsafe dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Microwave, uncovered on HIGH for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are hot and cheeses are melted. Rotate dish after half the cooking time, if not a rotating oven.
- OVEN DIRECTIONS:
- Wash potatoes, pat dry. Prick potatoes with a fork.
- Bake potatoes on rack at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until potato is done.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out the pulp into a bowl.
- Mash potato pulp with the hot milk until fluffy. Beat in the butter and green onion. Add seasonings.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Crumble. Add to potato mixture.
- Spoon mixture into shells. Sprinkle with both cheeses
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees until potatoes are piping hot and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.