Source of Recipe
Food Network, Paula Dean
List of Ingredients
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup of sugar and water in a saucepan and stir to mix. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and other cup of sugar in a bowl and mix. Slowly add in the milk, stirring while adding.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the casserole dish. Do not stir.
- Spoon the fruit onto the top, gently pouring in the syrup.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes; the batter will rise to the top during baking.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.