Beef Noodle Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package pasta (elbow macaroni, penne, spirals, etc.)
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray a 9x12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring water for the pasta to a boil.Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat.Add pasta to boiling water
- Melt butter in the microwave and then add the onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic to the melted butter.
- After meat is browned, pour off any fat and put into baking dish.
- Add butter, onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic to the same skillet used to brown the meat. Saute until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to the meat in the baking dish.Add the onions, celery and garlic to the baking dish.
- To the baking dish, stir in tomato sauce, milk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove dish from the oven, remove the foil and sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese.Bake uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.