Tuna Noodle Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package chopped white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril Essence Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 24 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 2 large cans of tuna, drained and broken up
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 6oz bag of potato chips
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter over high heat and add the onions and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes and add the garlic. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, Emeril Essence, and thyme and cook for about 6 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their juices.
- Add the flour and mix well, then add the wine and the chicken stock. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Add the milk and stir. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni until al dente and drain. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the tuna, parsley, salt and pepper to the macaroni and mix well.
- When the sauce is done, add in the sauce and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish (spray with nonstick spray).
- Top the casserole with crushed potato chips and bake for about 20-30 minutes.