Autumn Maple Cutout Cookies
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- cooking spray
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Transfer butter to small bowl, cover and palce in frig for 20 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Combine the chilled butter mixture and granulated sugar in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add syrup, flavoring, and 1 egg white to butter mixture and beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended.
- Divide dough in 1/2, shape each portion into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place walnuts and sugar into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Place remaining egg white in small bowl and whisk.
- Roll out dough, and make cookies using fall cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and gently brush the tops with egg white. Sprinkle with some of the walnut mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool completely.