Chai Latte Brownies
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 whole allspice, crushed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x12 baking dish.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once a boil is achieved, cover, remove from the heat and let stand 15 minutes. Strain Milk mixture through a fine sieve into a large microwave safe bowl. Discard the solids.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter to the milk and microwave on high for 20 seconds or until the chips and butter melt, stirring until smooth.
- Add the eggs, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine the flour and next 5 ingredients (through the salt)in a medium size bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spread evenly in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool, then cut and serve.