Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1-2 pounds chicken breasts
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter over moderately low heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes, stirring to coat the chicken.
- Add the tomatoes and cilantro. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook about 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir occasionally to mix the flavors.
- Serve with basmati or jasmine rice.