Baked Beef Empanadas
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup finely chopped red potato
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 36 wonton wrappers
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Combine the potato, onion, broth, salt, cumin, allspice, pepper, garlic, cilantro and ground beef in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place 2 cookie sheets in the oven to heat for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the meat mixture in a colander and discard the liquid. Finely chop the meat mixture or place in a blender and pulse.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and beat with a whisk.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of beef mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the cornstarch mixture.
- Bring 2 opposite corners of the wrapper together and pinch to seal. Repeat until all the beef mixture and/or wonton wrappers are gone.
- Place the empanadas on the cookie sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with salsa verde or pebre.