Thai Style Ground Beef
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onion
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute the leek for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the curry paste and the tomato sauce and cook until 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, brown sugar, lime rind, lime juice and fish sauce. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cook rice as directed on box.
- Garnish beef with cilantro and green onions and serve with the rice.