Macaroni and Cheese Bake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Small Onion, Grated
- 3 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Ounces Elbow Macaroni, Cooked and Drained
- 3/4 Cup Soft Bread Crumbs
- Cook macaroni and drain. Pour into a greased casserole dish
- Melt 4 tablesoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly blend in the flour and seasonings and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Stir in the onion and cheese until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and mix to blend.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the macaroni.
- Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.