Smothered Pork Chops
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light buttermilk
- chopped fresh parsely
- Mix the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper in a shallow platter. Dredge the pork chops through the mixture to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil. When the oil is hot, cook the chops for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chops and add a bit of the seasoned flour to the skillet.
- Mix the flour with the drippings and then add the chicken broth.
- Reduce for 5 minutes. Stir in the buttermilk to thicken the gravy.
- Return the chops to the pan with the gravy and simmer for about 5 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with the chopped parley on top.