Jalapeno Corn Bread
Source of Recipe
This recipe is not only great with mexican food, but great with a salad for lunch. Serve hot or at room temperature.
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal
- 1 heaping TBSP flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3-6 jalapenos, chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small can cream style corn
- 1/2 chopped green pepper ( optional )
- Mix corn meal, flour, salt, soda, buttermilk, oil, eggs and corn.
- Beat and mix well.
- Stir in Jalapenos, green pepper and onion.
- Grease a 9x14 baking dish.
- Pour in 1/2 batter and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
The jalapenos ae really according to your taste, with 3 chopped being just a little zingy, and 6 definitely leaving a sting in your mouth!