Source of Recipe
This breakfast bread is a specialty of the Silver Rose in Calistoga, California.
List of Ingredients
- 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1cup plus 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease three 53/4" x 31/4" metal mini loaf pans.
- From lemon, grate 1 TBSP peel and squeeze 3 TBSP juice. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat oil and 1 cup sugar for 2 minutes or until well blended. Beat in eggs and lemon peel. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined. Beat in milk; stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans. Bake 45-50 minutes.
- In cup, mix lemon juice and 2 TBSP sugar. With skewer, poke holes all over top of loaves; brush with sugar mixture. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.