Shirley's Better than Sex Cake
Source of Recipe
Shirley Peeters, my Grandmother
List of Ingredients
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 3.5 oz pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk ( to use in pudding )
- 1 container whipped cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 bananas (optional)
- Bake cake in a 9X13 pan according to the directions on the box
- While cake is baking, combine pineapple (with juice in can) and the 1 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until syrupy. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes uniformly throughout the entire surface of the cake.Pour Pineapple mixture over the surface of the cake and spread out evenly. Let the cake cool completely.
- Make the vanilla pudding with the 3 cups of milk. Chill, and then spread over the entire surface of the cake like you would frosting.Make sure the cake is completely cool before you do this.
- Add your container of whipped cream, and spread evenly over the pudding.
- Chill for 24 hours before serving, adding your toasted coconut and pecans just before serving. Serves a crowd.
- Variation: You can add sliced bananas in between the pudding and whipped topping layers. Just be sure to completely cover them with the whipped topping so they don't brown.
- You can also substitute real whipped cream for the Cool Whip variety as follows:
- Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream until slightly thickened. Add 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar & 1tsp. vanilla extract, and beat until soft peaks form.Spread over pudding or banana layer.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION