Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 12 corn tortillas (not made with lard)
- 1 large can of mild enchilada sauce
- 1 large can of medium enchilada sauce
- A small jar sliced jalapeno chilies
- 16 oz of shredded cheese
- Bag of Morningstar Farms crumbles (TVP)
- Non-stick butter flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Mix the two cans of enchilada sauce into a large heat proof measuring cup. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the sauce into a flat bowl and reserve. Stir the crumbles into the sauce in the large measuring cup and heat up in the microwave for 2 min.
- Sautee the sliced onion in skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the drained jalapenos, keep warm.
- Heat the corn tortillas in the microwave to soften. Keep warm in a towel.
- Spray 9X12 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, place 1/8 cup of reserved sauce on the bottom of the pan. Warm the reserved sauce for i min in the microwave. Quickly dip the softened torilla into the sauce and move it to the baking pan. Fill with the crumbles, cheese, onion, chilies and fold over. Place seam side down in the pan, continue with the next one until the pan is filled. Place reserved sauce on the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 40-45 min, until done.
Carnivores can substitute ground beef or shredded beef for the crumbles.