Caramel Turtle Brownies
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramels
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. Devil's Food or German Chocolate cake mix
- 6 T. melted butter
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap caramels and place in saucepan with 2 T. evaporated milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining evaporated milk, dry cake mix, melted butter and nuts. Stir until well blended.
- Spread half of this mixture in greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes only.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels over medium to low heat, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove brownies from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and drizzle with melted caramel, covering evenly. Drop remaining cake mixture by teaspoon over the caramel.
- Return pan to the oven for 20 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cut while warm but do not remove from the pan until completely cooled.