No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 c. uncooked quick oats
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into prepared pan. Use back of large spoon to spread mixture evenly.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over oat mixture in pan; spread evenly with knife or back of spoon.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Bars can be frozen; let thaw 10 minutes or more before serving.