Source of Recipe
This recipe was a family recipe from Susan that was never written down. One afternoon we decided to do something about that. As we cooked I wrote down everything. This is what we came up with. Tastes great!
List of Ingredients
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 2 t. cumin
- 3/4 t. garlic powder
- 3 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 dozen flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. oil
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 pkg. Williams Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1-1/2 t. salt
- Brown ground beef with cumin, garlic powder, oregano, pepper, salt and onion. Drain grease and set aside.
- For sauce, put oil in large pan and heat. Add flour and stir (like making gravy). Add Williams Seasoning a little at a time. Add water (approximately 1 large pitcher) a little at a time. Add chicken bouillon and salt. Keep stirring to break up lumps. This will be the consistency of gravy.
- To assemble, put about 1 tablespoon of oil in the bottom of a skillet and heat. Warm tortilla in skillet. Dip tortilla in sauce and completely cover. Put on a cookie sheet. Hold one edge up and put meat and cheese inside. Roll up and place seam side down in pan.
I usually put six enchiladas in a package and freeze them for later use.