Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- beef brisket, sliced 1/8 in thick
- 1/2 c. liquid smoke
- 3 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 lb. brown sugar
- crushed red peppers, optional
- In a bowl with a tight seal lid, combine liquid smoke, soy sauce, brown sugar and crushed red peppers and mix well.
- Add the beef brisket and let it marinade for 10 minutes, shaking bowl and turning is every few minutes to cover all pieces equally. Drain.
- Place one layer of meat on each tray and place in dehydrator. Set vents on top and bottom to fully open. Normal drying time is 24 to 48 hours. Rotate trays approximately every 12 hours for even drying.