Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 t. sugar
- 6 T. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. apple juice or water
- 1 lb. round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 2 med. carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 T. onion, chopped
- 2 T. oil, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and apple juice or water until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli, carrots, pea pods and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in water chestnuts. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; toss.
- Serve over rice.