Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 can French Onion soup, divided
- 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 T. flour
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. mustard
- 6 c. hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix gently.
- Shape into six oval patties. Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; discard drippings.
- In the same skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return patties to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles.