Source of Recipe
South Beach Diet
List of Ingredients
- 2 t. Smart Balance spread
- 1/2 c. sliced onion
- 1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. sliced zucchini
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 c. liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 c. low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 oz. shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Coat an ovenproof 10" skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat until hot. Melt the spread in the skillet. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and saute over medium-low heat until the vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until the flavors are blended, 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler. In a blender, combine the egg substitute, cottage cheese, and milk and process until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over vegetables. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the bottom is set and the top is still slightly wet. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until the top is set, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until melted.
This is a South Beach Diet - Phase One recipe.