Potato-Crust Chicken Quiche
Source of Recipe
Taste of Home Magazine
List of Ingredients
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1 c. shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 c. diced cooked chicken
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. half & half cream or milk
- ½ t. salt
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a well-greased 9 inch pie plate; brush with butter. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust. In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and salt; pour over chicken. Bake for 25-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Ham can be substituted for the chicken.