Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 lbs. cucumbers
- 3 c. vinegar
- 3 c. water
- 1/3 c. salt
- 3 peppercorns per quart
- 2 dill heads OR (2 T. dill seed) per quart
- 1 garlic clove per quart
- Cut cucumbers into spears.
- Combine vinegar, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put peppercorns, dill and garlic into each clean, hot quart jar. Pack cucumber spears in jars.
- Fill the jars with the boiling pickling mixture, leaving 1/2 inch headspace; seal.
- Process in boiling water bath 20 minutes.