German Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1-1/2 c. coconut
- 1-1/2 c. pecan, chopped
- 1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, 1/2 c. butter, vanilla and egg yolks; blend well. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 13 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool 1 hour or until room temperature. Reserve 1 1/2 c. topping and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie ingredients and remaining topping mixture with a spoon, stir until thoroughly moistened. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. With thumb, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with rounded 1/2 t. reserved topping.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
- Makes 5 dozen.