Source of Recipe
Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 3-3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Beat butter for 30 seconds; add 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well blended.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls; roll in a mixture of the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet; flatten slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake in a 375° oven about 8 minutes or until light golden.
- Makes 6 dozen.