Cream Puff Squares
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 3/4 c. water
- 6 T. margarine
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3 eggs
- FILLING & TOPPING
- 2 c. cold milk
- 2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- For crust, heat water and margarine in a small saucepan until margarine is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Stir in flour all at once. Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously, about one minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth. Spread mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 20 minutes. (Surface will puff unevenly.) Prick 10-12 times to release steam; continue baking 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- For filling, pour milk into a mixing bowl; add pudding mixes and whisk two minutes until thickened. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refrigerate one hour.
- Cut into serving pieces and drizzle chocolate syrup on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.