Orange Angel Food Cake Dessert
Source of Recipe
Light & Tasty Magazine
List of Ingredients
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. angel food cake mix
- 1 sm. pkg. sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3/4 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1-1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 sm. pkg. sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 t. orange extract
- 1 (8 oz.) carton frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c. sliced toasted almonds, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10 in. tube pan. Immediately invert tube pan; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside. Cut cake into 2-in. slices; arrange cake slices in an ungreased 13x9 pan. With a meat fork, poke holes about 2 in. apart into the cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Garnish with almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.