Source of Recipe
High School Home Economics Class
When I was in high school, we made this recipe in my Home Ec class. It has been a favorite ever since.
List of Ingredients
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. basil
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 t. salt
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 10 oz. lasagna or wide noodles
- 3 c. Ricotta or creamy cottage cheese
- 2 T. parsley flakes
- 2 t. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat slowly; drain off excess fat.
- Add basil, tomatoes, garlic, salt and tomato paste. Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles in large amount of salted water until tender; drain and rinse.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
- Place half the noodles in a 9x13 baking dish; spread with half of the cheese mixture; add half the mozzarella cheese and then half the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.