Coconut Caramel Pie
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 baked pie crusts
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1-1/3 c. flaked coconut
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz.) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 oz.) jar caramel ice cream topping
- In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over medium heat until coconut is golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk on low speed. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon about 1/4 of mixture into each pie shell. Drizzle each with 1/4 caramel topping and sprinkle with 1/4 of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.