Coconut Cream Pie II
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 3 c. half & half
- 1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell, pre-baked
- Cook the sugar, cornstarch, sweetened condensed milk, and half & half over moderately high heat until it starts to thicken and boil, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 of the mixture to the lightly beaten egg yolks and stir vigorously. Add yolk mixture back to pan. Bring back to a boil while still stirring. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into a pre-baked graham cracker crust. Chill and serve.