Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless pork roast (well-trimmed of fat)
- 1 lb. dried pinto beans (do not pre-soak)
- 4 c. water
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. ground cumin
- 2 T. chili powder
- 5 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. ground coriander
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (7 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 T. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place roast in a large Dutch oven, add the remaining ingredients, stir to mix well. Cover and bake 7-8 hours, or until beans are tender. Check the roast from time to time, adding more water if mixture gets too dry.
- When done, remove meat from the pan and shred into bite size pieces. Return meat to the pan with the other ingredients. Stir well.
- This should be the consistency of chili. Correct seasoning to suite your taste.
Leftovers can be frozen. You can also cook this in a crock pot.