Chicken Stuffing Bake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
- 1 T. butter
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. herb stuffing mix
- 2 c. water
- 4 c. cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 c. rice
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet cook onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine stuffing mix and water. Stir in chicken, eggs, half of soup, rice and onion mixture. Mix well. Spread mixture in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- FOR SAUCE: In a small saucepan, combine remaining soup, sour cream and milk. Cook over low heat until hot.
- Cut casserole into serving squares to serve. Spoon sauce over each serving.