Source of Recipe
South Beach Diet
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) jar chopped green chilies
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 2 t. cumin
- 1/8 t. salt
- 3 c. salsa
- 1-1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning several times, until no longer pink. Remove to a medium bowl. Whip skillet with paper towel. Coat with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cover and cook, stiring occasionally, 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add to chicken in bowl.
- In another medium bowl combine ricotta, sour cream, peppers, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Spread 1 cup of the salsa across bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of tortillas evenly over salsa. Spread half of ricotta mixture over tortillas. Top with half of chicken mixture. Top with 1 cup salsa and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layering sequence with remaining tortillas, ricotta and chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup salsa and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Loosely cover with foil if cheese brown too quickly.